Skilled Guidance To Help You Determine The Right California Business Entity
Forming a new business is an exciting but daunting endeavor. Deciding which entity to form can be overwhelming. Fortunately, California allows individuals to choose from several types of business entities.
Attorney and certified public accountant (CPA) Jayson M. Aquino has the experience and knowledge to help you decide which entity is right for your operation. He has been assisting businesses throughout Huntington Beach and Orange County for more than 10 years.
Factors To Consider For Business Formation
Choosing an entity type for your business requires you to analyze several factors:
- Size: How big do you predict your business will be? How many owners plan to invest in the company? Do you plan to keep it in the family?
- Liability: Many people choose an entity type for their business that will protect them from personal liability if something goes wrong.
- Taxes: Every type of structure has its own tax rules to follow. You should understand the differences before making a choice.
These are just a few examples of questions that Jayson can review with you before making any final decisions.
Choosing The Best Structure For Your Business
California offers several types of business structures. The most common include:
- Corporation: A board of directors often runs a corporation, which issues stock to shareholders. Both groups are generally protected from liability. Smaller businesses may choose to file as an S-Corp.
- Limited liability company (LLC): An LLC also protects the owners from liability but allows you to choose the type of tax treatment you want to apply.
- Partnership: If you have two or more owners, you may form a partnership, which allows for pass-through taxes but does not always limit liability. There are several types of partnerships.
- Sole proprietorship: If you are the only owner of your business, you can operate without much documentation, but you will be personally liable for any debts or losses to the business.
Each type of entity has pros and cons. Jayson can talk with you about your business, goals and possible tax liabilities and help you determine which one could best service your business needs.
Ongoing Guidance And Assistance
Successfully launching your business is important but owners must continue to keep their entity in financial order.
Legal questions, contracts, vendor disputes, tax notices – you may find your self needing help with all of these. As a CPA and licensed tax attorney, Jayson has the expertise to help with all areas of your entity.
Worried About Costly Legal Fees?
Overhead costs are always a factor with any business operation. Jayson takes pride in offering affordable rates for his services. Coupled with customized solutions, his service is unmatched by many of his competitors that offer high-scale tax representation.
Bring Your Business To Life. Learn More About California’s Business Formation Options Today.
Contact Jayson at Tax Law Office of Jayson M. Aquino, CPA, Esq., today. Call 714-589-2121 or send a confidential online message.
In-person and videoconferencing is available. Free consultations.